Saturday 31 March 2012

My Jesus, My Saviour - there is none like you

What a contrast. From the last meal where the disciples shared an important festival meal with Jesus, found relief that they were not to betray Him and praised God through songs, singing the Psalms, such as 116, 118 and 138. Singing beautiful words - "I will lift up the cup of salvation and praise the Lord’s name for saving me. I will keep my promises to the Lord in the presence of all his people."

To the low of Jesus capture, their desertion in action and in words, to Jesus death. No wonder Peter wept bitterly when after professing in song to the Father, and in person to the Son he then abandoned Jesus, deserted Him.

How sometimes I have such hope and make so many promises to God and Jesus. And how I also weep bitterly when I am proved wrong, when I break those promises and desert Him and His ways.

And yet Jesus still gave Himself as a sacrifice and brought redemption and restoration to Peter and to me. Oh how wonderful! He took on something that was so heinous to Him but that He knew was the only way that Peter and I could come into the presence of our God, Yahweh, the existing one, which is what God wants.

And He provided signs, and still does, of who He is and the power He has, so that I can stand at his feet like the Roman centurion, who crucified Him, and say Truly He is the Son of God.

My Jesus, my Saviour, there is none like You. All of my days I want to praise the glory of Your mighty name.
Help me to sing the Psalm praises from my heart to You just as the early disciples did in that last meal with You. To have the intimacy they had with You. So that even when I desert You, You will bring me back, through the salvation You gave me and the love You have for me.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment