Sunday 8 April 2012

Doing Nothing

I think sometimes it is easy to say well I am not that bad!!! I haven't murdered anyone! But in Matt 25 Jesus raises the bar. Just as he did with the young rich man who came to see Him to ask how He could get eternal life/spiritual freedom. The young man had lived a very good life and yet He still released something was missing. Jesus asked Him to give up his riches, to humble himself and to help others with it. Yet He couldn't.

Here again Jesus teaches us that doing nothing - only looking after our own spiritual lives and not helping others - is not enough. We have to share whatever we have, to help others wherever we can. To think of others.

And fear is not a good enough excuse to do nothing. Fear of failure, fear of making it worse, needs to be faced head on.

So trust the lord your god with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind and lean not on your own understanding. For fear is just that, your understanding of the situation, not Gods. God give me your compassion for others to counteract whatever fears are stopping me from having faith in you and living out what you have planned for me.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment