Wednesday 4 April 2012

Good Servant

It is so hard sometimes to read these things - death, famine, wars, false people - all will happen. And yet here Jesus says do not be troubled, it is necessary. It has been established by the counsel and decree of God, for our salvation. He is saying, trust in me, have faith.

But He goes on to explain, to show us that, just because these things are going to happen, they are pre-ordained, it doesn't mean we are to be complacent. Quite the reverse. For if we don't pay attention and don't act, if we don't put on our clothes of salvation, then we will not endure. For there is only two options, to be with God, or to be left behind.

So we are to be good servants. We are tasked with being responsible for others and feeding them, whether this is physically or spiritually. Christianity is a community faith, not a personal one, and I need to remember this.

God show me that I am only one of many, and although I am an individual and unique, it doesn't mean that I can use this as an excuse to not be a good servant of Yours.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment