Wednesday 29 February 2012

Mercy not Sacrifice

I desire Mercy not Sacrifice…

When Jesus says these words to us what does that mean.          

Are you like the Pharisees trying to keep religious law and showing

Outwardly how good you are so all the world can see?  

Does our faith and understanding of God’s grace for us impact us

Enough in our hearts to extend that Mercy out to others.  Even to          

Those we may not find deserving in our own mind.

Lord make me aware daily of your Mercy for me, Your grace that I

Am privileged to walk in.  Let me extend that Mercy daily to all that

You put in my path.  Let them see your forgiveness and love through

Me not in big outward demonstrations of grandeur but quiet invitations

Of the heart which has been taught to love because You first loved me.

God Bless

Tracy

 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to sum up that phrase. We must always be ready to show love to others, whatever we may think of them and what they do. If Jesus, who was God, can counsel us and those He met while living on this earth, even though He knew that some would never accept Him, then the least we can do is show kindness and compassion to our fellow beings who are our equals before God. No man is greater than another before God, all are equally special.

    ReplyDelete