Thursday 16 February 2012

Saviour of the World

I would never have read Isaiah 53 if you hadn't mentioned it but you are right it gives all these miracles an added dimension. For when I read Isaiah I think of the work done on the cross and yet all these miracles were carried out before then. It helps you to understand what those people must have had faith in. Not just faith that God exists, and that Jesus has been given the authority, although it is that. It is that Jesus has been given the authority to be our saviour - to take our worries, concerns, illnesses away. So all these people believed that Jesus would save them in some way or another and He honoured that. They all had to believe that Jesus wanted to help as well as that He had the power and authority to do it.

But here's the big question? Did the centurion's faith heal his servant or did his servant need to believe as well? Or maybe the question is do we need to personally allow God to change our lives before He will do it?

Lord help me to see you as a saviour - to ask you for help when I need it. And also help me to be like the Centurion. So that I come to you when I see others in need, knowing that you have the authority, power and will to change their lives for the better.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment