Friday 17 February 2012

Stuck on the Centurion's faith!

I still haven’t moved on from the story about the centurion.  As a stepping stone to another scene I think this is how it is: 

Jesus, the King of King’s in His throne room, over His earth and His subjects, wanting the absolute best for all and Him all powerful to effect every change, to make every provision, to provide every help…and I have an audience with Him, as did the Centurion…and I point out to Him an area of concern that relates to His Kingdom.

It’s not about me but about someone suffering great pain, someone without a name…just that he’s my servant…but before he is mine, he is the King’s!  A citizen of His Kingdom.  And before he is my concern, he is the Kings concern.  So, I point this out! 

King of Kings, that lad is suffering greatly.  He is Yours.  I’m here to tell you he’s not doing well. 

Now, I could phone in on NHS24, I could go to my local doctor, or my MP, or even Alex Salmond.  But I’m going to the top!

I know, that as the all compassionate, all powerful, all concerned, the King of Kings is going to do something because it’s His Kingdom and He runs it perfectly well.  He cares more than me…it’s His Kingdom, His boy, His reputation…so I trust Him with His concern and I expectantly wait to see what He will do.  And He will do something and it will be nothing short of complete and perfect for the situation.  He will do because He is the King of Kings!

 

Brian

2 comments:

  1. Ok I get that God wants his kingdom to be perfect and that he has ultimate control but in all of the healings did the recipients not have to ask first? Make the first step? Even the woman who didn't ask touched Jesus cloak first. It was her choice. So the centurion's case is different - and also I suppose Lazarus - someone asked on their behalf. But we know that Lazarus loved and trusted Jesus but we don't know about the servant. But I think I've just answered my question. No-one knows the heart of man but God and I think that's probably because we are not meant to consider that but treat everyone equally, and let God worry about the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith is always part of the equation.
    Here it's the intercessors faith - the centurion (so be it according to your faith).
    Sometimes it's the saints faith - see Peter and John healing the crippled beggar outside the temple as an expression of their own faith.
    Other times it's Jesus' excercising faith - see the sick man at the pool of Siloam!
    And then it is the recipient's faith - the lady who touched His tallit.
    Few miracles happened in Narareth because they had little faith in Jesus.
    Faith is always part of the equation. It's always faith in God and His word...never faith in faith.

    ReplyDelete